Subject: IRTF igs and pdf files

From: Chris Shelton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 15:23:25 -1000

Doug, Vern,

Here are
  wfs2000may30.igs
  wfs2000may30new.igs
  IRTF_diag_mirror.pdf
  wfs2000aug21.igs

The may30 and may30new files are .igs files exported from wfs2000may30.zmx, 
starting at surface 17.  The zemax file *does* have all rays in the field.
The may30 igs file was the original one I sent on June 2, while the may30new 
igs file I just now exported.  The files compare as identical, but I have no 
way to view them to see if the rays are indeed there.  Please let me know
what you see.  If the full set of rays are not there, then I need to dig
into the export option on zemax.

The .pdf file is a blowup of the pinch point at the diagonal mirror
in the wavefront sensor.  The diagonal mirror is shown as a rectangular
part 51.6 x 73.2 mm.  This is the smallest rectangular part that passes
all rays.  The size includes nothing for polishing or mounting margin,
and is just meant to help see how much clearance there is at the tight
place.  The mirror has been moved 1.5 inch from the may30 design, but
not the 2.5 inches you just mentioned on the phone, which I believe
causes an interference.

The last file, wfs2000aug21.igs, is the same design as may30, except
the WFS diagonal mirror has been moved 1.5 inch downstream, and turned
into the rectangular part just described.

Still to come are part sizes and a conclusion to our discussion about
an astigmatism adjuster/corrector. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Chris